Kristina Lyubenova is a Senior Associate in the Sofia office. She focuses on banking and finance, capital markets, restructuring and insolvency, real estate, and M&A and corporate.
Her main areas of expertise include asset, project and acquisition finance, corporate lending and restructuring, equity and debt finance, banking and payment regulations and compliance, and M&A.
Senior associate Kristina Lyubenova is 'outstanding'.
RECENT ENGAGEMENTS INCLUDE ADVISING
Banking, Finance & Capital Markets
- AN AMERICAN FINANCIAL SERVICES COMPANY on various EU and Bulgarian regulatory and compliance matters such as payments, data protection and anti-money laundering
- EUROPEAN BANK FOR RECONSTRUCTION AND DEVELOPMENT on structuring and implementing several financing instruments for the improvement of water infrastructure in Bulgaria, including on a EUR 20 million guarantee provided to Raiffeisenbank Bulgaria
- CHINA DEVELOPMENT BANK on a EUR 1.5 billion Framework Agreement for financing of the Bulgarian Development Bank and the first EUR 300 million loan under that agreement
- CREDIT SUISSE on the EUR 30 million cross-border financing of Sarantis Group, one of the leading consumer products companies that includes Sarantis Bulgaria and Sarantis Romania, as part of the borrowers, including advising on tax and banking regulatory law aspects
- ECOPHOS, one of the largest producers of inorganic feed phosphates for animal feeds in Europe, and its Bulgarian subsidiaries, on a EUR 131 million term loan and revolving facilities
Restructuring & Insolvency
- APS HOLDING, a distressed assets investment company and debt recovery platform, on an acquisition of a consumer loans portfolio in Bulgaria
Real Estate & Construction
- OTP BANK & DSK BANK on their financing of the development of two major office complexes in Sofia, Bulgaria, for a combined investment of EUR 55.5 million
- LION’S HEAD INVESTMENTS as sponsor and MEGAPARK EOOD as borrower on the EUR 50.43 million financing by UniCredit Bulbank AD and UniCredit SpA for refinancing of existing debt and additional capital investment as part of the acquisition of Megapark by Lion’s Head Investments
M&A & Corporate
- A FRENCH DEVELOPER OF RENEWABLE ENERGY POWER PLANTS on the acquisition of a large photovoltaic power plant project in Bulgaria as well as on the acquisition of Bulgarian subsidiaries of a global renewable energy company which owns and operates a wind farm project
- DRAFTKINGS, a leading U.S. daily fantasy sports company, on the Bulgarian law aspects of the acquisition of SBtech, a global sports betting technology supplier as part of DraftKings’s IPO
- UNITED BULGARIAN BANK on its merger with Cibank, including full scope transaction assistance and all relevant approvals and filings
- 2016: Academy of European Law, Trier, Germany, EU Regulation and Supervision of Financial Markets
- 2012 – 2014: University St. Kliment Ohridski, Sofia, Bulgaria, International Business Relations, Master’s Degree
- 2005 – 2010: University St. Kliment Ohridski, Sofia, Bulgaria, Faculty of Law, LL.M.
- Sofia Bar Association
- Institute of Private International Law