Maksim Grekov is an Of Counsel in the Almaty office. He focuses on banking and finance, including debt and equity capital markets, derivatives and other financial products, as well as on M&A and corporate.
Maksim Grekov is singled out for his attention to detail and his legislative knowledge, as one source explains: 'He is excellent at proofing and verifying documents'. He brings his attentive and meticulous approach to project financing mandates, often in the natural resources sector, where he advises international financial institutions.
RECENT ENGAGEMENTS INCLUDE ADVISING
Banking, Finance & Capital Markets
- TWO MULTILATERAL FINANCIAL INSTITUTIONS on the financing of the construction, development and operation of four solar plants and one wind plant in Kazakhstan
- A CONFIDENTIAL CLIENT on a multi-billion financing of a polypropylene project in Kazakhstan
- A CONSORTIUM OF BANKS on a USD 1.5 billion loan to Kazakhstan National Welfare Fund "Samruk-Kazyna" for the acquisition of 50% of KazMunaiGas' shares in KMG Kashagan, a shareholder in the project to develop the giant Kashagan oil field in the Kazakhstan sector of the Caspian Sea
- KAZ MINERALS PLC on a USD 300 million credit facility from the Development Bank of Kazakhstan to finance the completion of the Aktogay project, KAZ Minerals' second major growth project
- UNDERWRITERS on the pioneer IPO of KCell JSC, a major Kazakhstan telecommunications company*
- CONFIDENTIAL CLIENT on the legislative framework of a wind energy project in Kazakhstan financed under the new feed-in-tariff mechanism, which will set a new benchmark in terms of developing, building and operating a pioneer greenfield renewable project in Kazakhstan
- A CONSORTIUM OF MAJORITY SHAREHOLDERS on the buy-out of the minority shareholders in ENRC, a major Kazakhstan metal production conglomerate
- LOCAL INVESTMENT BANK and RELATED PARTIES on the hostile takeover of a major Kazakhstan cement plant, the deal included multijurisdictional restructuring of liabilities and litigation advice
- JSC NC "KAZAKHSTAN TEMIR ZHOLY" on its corporate restructuring
*Experience prior to joining Kinstellar.
- 1992 – 1996: Adilet Higher Law School, Almaty, Kazakhstan, Bachelor of Law (Distinction)
- 1982 – 1990: Novosibirsk State University, Russia, B.Sc. in Physics