Gábor Gelencsér is a Partner in the Budapest office. He focuses on M&A and corporate matters, as well as private equity.
Gábor has more than 15 years of experience handling diverse cross-border and domestic corporate transactions. He has advised on the entire spectrum of private and public M&As: cross-border and domestic share deals and asset deals, private equity transactions, public takeovers, mergers/demergers, cross-border mergers, restructurings, joint ventures, W&I insurance matters, venture capital fund establishments, and high-value and high-profile deals.
Clients praise Gelencsér for being 'very helpful, dedicated and focused', while another source considers him to be 'a nice person to work with'.
RECENT ENGAGEMENTS INCLUDE ADVISING*
M&A and Corporate
- A CONFIDENTIAL CLIENT on the global group restructuring and potential sale of a consumer business in Hungary
- A CONFIDENTIAL CLIENT on the sale of four shopping and entertainment centres in Hungary
- A CONFIDENTIAL CLIENT on its proposed acquisition of the non-life insurance portfolio of Aegon Hungary
- A CONFIDENTIAL CLIENT on the acquisition of H2O Energy owning a hydro power plant in Romania
- A CONFIDENTIAL CLIENT on the acquisition of e-Mobi Elektromobilitás Nonprofit, a Hungarian enterprise playing a key role in the widespread deployment of e-mobility in Hungary
- A CONFIDENTIAL CLIENT on a legal due diligence in connection with an intended internal restructuring of its companies in Hungary
- CONFIDENTIAL CLIENTS on the Hungarian aspects of the restructuring of their operations and on the potential sale of a part of it
- A CONFIDENTIAL CLIENT on the presale reorganisation of the Hungarian business elements, on the sales process and on the restructuring of financing through the demerger of real estate assets of New York Palace Kft. into a newly established company owned also by INGRID HOTELS
- A CONFIDENTIAL CLIENT on the sale of its subsidiary in Slovakia to KBC
- A CONFIDENTIAL CLIENT on the conversion of its Hungarian Fund manager subsidiary into a branch of the client, including financial regulatory and cross-border merger aspects of the transaction, among others
- 2002 – 2003: Aalborg University, Denmark, European Studies MA Program
- 2002: Central European University, Budapest, Hungary & New York, USA, LL.M. in International Business Law
- 2002: Uppsala University, Sweden, European Law Studies
- 2001: University of Pécs, Hungary, Faculty of Law, LL.B.
Budapest Bar Association