Victor Constantinescu is the Managing Partner of the Bucharest office and the co-head of the firm-wide Real Estate sector.
With more than 15 years’ experience in real estate in the region, he focuses primarily on Romania and South-East Europe, where he has built a reputation for efficiency and commercial pragmatism in organizing and closing transactions and for building long-term relationships – skills that have earned him recognition as a top real estate practitioner for years in a row by major legal guides.
Since joining the firm in 2017, Victor has already led transactions whose combined value well exceeds EUR 500 million. A Canada-born, native English speaker, he began his career in the United States.
Clients laud him as 'an excellent lawyer who is commercially minded'. 'He is focused on finding solutions', states one source, while another praises Victor's 'attention to detail and his delivery of reports in a timely manner'.
RECENT ENGAGEMENTS INCLUDE ADVISING
- TWO SEPARATE MAJOR REAL ESTATE FUNDS as lead counsel in the acquisition of two leading Bucharest office projects in two separate transactions, each valued at over EUR 100 million
- OLD MUTUAL PROPERTY and LION’S HEAD INVESTMENTS as lead counsel to the joint venture between the property division of the largest insurance company in South Africa and a leading Bulgarian real estate conglomerate (AG Capital), on the formation of the joint venture and subsequent acquisition of Oregon Park, one of the largest office transactions in Romania in 2017-2018, from its developer seller, Portland Trust
- LOGICOR, a pan-European logistics giant, as sell-side counsel in the attempted sale of its Romanian portfolio consisting of several income producing assets together with a substantial land bank valued at over EUR 100 million, as well as all day-to-day matters in Romania
- 2001: McGill University, Montreal, Canada, LL.B. (Common Law) and B.C.L. (Civil Law)
- 2001: University of Toronto, Canada, Russian and East European Studies, M.A.
- 1996: University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, USA, B.A.
- New York Bar
- Bucharest Bar (admitted as foreign attorney)
English (native), Romanian
- Author of numerous articles in various industry publications as well as a frequent speaker at industry conferences, both national and regional