Compliance, Risk &
We assist companies and their managements to pro-actively manage up their compliance and manage down their risk from their business activities (and those of their contractors and suppliers) in Emerging Europe, whether arising under local legislation or foreign laws with a long reach such as the US Foreign Corrupt Practices Act, the UK Bribery Act, and similar anti-corruption laws.
We help companies to assess their risks and to develop and implement compliance programmes which can assist management in limiting impacts and in defending actions if a problem ever develops. As a law firm, the communication and information which we have are privileged and are typically sheltered from discovery by public authorities.
Our practice is multi-disciplinary and covers advice and assistance in the following areas:
- Risk assessment of operations across Emerging Europe
- Establishment of corporate compliance programmes
- Sensitive internal inquiries or investigations
- Dawn raids / mock dawn raids
- Local anti-bribery, anti corruption and related legislation
- Review of employee and third party communication including permitted surveillance/monitoring
- Employee or management fraud
- White collar crime
- Enforcement of related claims
- Public relations response, press inquiries, information leaks and crisis communication
- Related data protection law, anti-trust law and employment law implications