Adlet Yerkinbayev is a Partner in the Almaty office. His practice focuses on debt and equity capital markets, banking and finance and M&A.
RECENT ENGAGEMENTS INCLUDE ADVISING
- HALYK BANK JSC on its acquisition of Kazkommertsbank JSC from Mr Kenges Rakishev and Sovereign Wealth Fund Samruk-Kazyna JSC
- KENGES RAKISHEV on the acquisition of Alnair Capital Holding JSC and its 28.08% shareholding in Kazkommertsbank JSC, the largest bank in Kazakhstan, as a result of which Mr Rakishev increased his total shareholding in Kazkommertsbank JSC to 56.75% of its issued common share capital
- INTERNATIONAL MINERAL RESOURCES II B.V. on the sale of 100% of issued and placed shares of KoZhaN JSC, an oil company, via open trades on the Kazakhstan Stock Exchange
- KENGES RAKISHEV on the acquisition of 46.5% stake in JSC BTA Bank from JSC Sovereign Wealth Fund Samruk-Kazyna
- JSC HALYK BANK KAZAKHSTAN on its acquisition of SB HSBC Bank Kazakhstan JSC
- KCELL JOINT STOCK COMPANY, a leading cellular phone provider in Kazakhstan, on its USD 525 million initial public offering via a listing of GDRs on the London Stock Exchange and of shares on the Kazakhstan Stock Exchange*
*Experience prior to joining Kinstellar.
- 2004 – 2005: Harvard Law School, Cambridge, LL.M.
- 1997 – 2002: Al-Farabi Kazakh National University, Almaty, Specialist in International Law (Distinction)
New York Bar
English, Russian, Kazakh
- Corporate Acquisitions & Mergers 2014 - 2015, Kazakhstan chapter, Kluwer Law International (co-author)
- Project Finance, Kazakhstan chapter 2012 - 2014, Getting the Deal Through (co-author)
- Kazakhstan's Radical Bank Restructuring Law, Butterworths Journal of International Banking and Financial Law, January 2010 (co-author)