Maksim Grekov is Of Counsel in the Almaty office. He focuses on M&A and corporate as well as banking and finance, including debt and equity capital markets, derivatives and other financial products.
RECENT ENGAGEMENTS INCLUDE ADVISING
- A CONSORTIUM OF MAJORITY SHAREHOLDERS on the buy-out of the minority shareholders in ENRC, a major Kazakhstan metal production conglomerate*
- CITIGROUP, SBERBANK CIB, VTB CAPITAL and HALYK FINANCE on a USD 400 million Eurobond offering of Nostrum Oil & Gas Finance B.V. guaranteed by Zhaikmunai LLP, a major independent Kazakhstan oil & gas production company
- MIE HOLDINGS, a company with substantial Kazakhstan subsoil assets, on a USD 200 million Eurobond issue*
- UNDERWRITERS on the pioneer IPO of KCell JSC, a major Kazakhstan telecommunications company*
*Experience prior to joining Kinstellar.
- 1992 – 1996: Adilet Higher Law School, Almaty, Bachelor of Law (Distinction)
- 1982 – 1990: Novosibirsk State University, Novosibirsk, Russia, B.Sc. in Physics
- Several publications in BNA International Reports on Kazakhstan capital markets/derivatives developments
- International Law Office (www.internationallawoffice.com, online newsletters), quarterly updates to Kazakhstan Capital Markets and Derivatives Sections, 2004 - 2007