Dina Berkaliyeva is a Senior Associate in the Almaty office. She has experience in mining and natural resources, environmental protection, regulatory compliance and construction matters, as well as in disputes related to use of natural resources, administrative proceedings initiated by state bodies and officials and other commercial disputes.
RECENT ENGAGEMENTS INCLUDE ADVISING
- ENERGY COMPANIES (subsurface users, oil and gas service companies, electricity generation companies) on various due diligence processes, reviewing their compliance with the relevant environmental, subsurface use and licensing legislation, as well as on the legislative provisions related to immovable property*
- THE WORLD BANK on the project initiated by the Ministry of Energy and Mineral Resources in cooperation with the World Bank on the amendment of the Republic of Kazakhstan’s gas flaring legislation*
- A CONFIDENTIAL CLIENT on a major litigation matter related to EPC issues*
- Obtaining the required set of approvals for new industrial constructions (workshops, bunkers for explosives storage and radioactive sources, storage for hydrochloric acid and chemicals)*
*Experience prior to joining Kinstellar.
- 2015 – 2016: The University of Nottingham, United Kingdom, LL.M., International Environmental Law
- 2004 – 2006: Kazakh University of the Humanities and Law, Almaty, Kazakhstan, Bachelor of Law
- 1996 – 1997: Central European University, Environmental Science and Policy Department, Budapest, Hungary, MSc, Environmental Sciences