Kairat Baizakov is Of Counsel in the Almaty office. Kairat's expertise focuses on capital markets, dispute resolution, banking and finance, restructuring and M&A. He also advises clients on antimonopoly and competition issues.
RECENT ENGAGEMENTS INCLUDE ADVISING
- KENGES RAKISHEV on the acquisition of Alnair Capital Holding JSC and its 28.08% shareholding in Kazkommertsbank JSC, the largest bank in Kazakhstan, as a result of which Mr Rakishev increased his total shareholding in Kazkommertsbank JSC to 56.75% of its issued common share capital
- KAZTRANSOIL on its People’s IPO program (offering under the Initial Public Offering and listing on the Kazakhstan Stock Exchange)*
- VERNY CAPITAL JSC on the sale of a 18.91% stake in Kazzinc, the Kazakhstan zinc producer, to commodities trader Glencore International*
- JSC KAZMUNAIGAS EXPLORATION & PRODUCTION on its USD 2.3 billion IPO via a listing of GDRs on the London Stock Exchange and the simultaneous sale of shares in Kazakhstan, the largest IPO to date from the country*
*Experience prior to joining Kinstellar.
- 1981 – 1986: Kazakh State University, Almaty, Kazakhstan, Law degree